Hello and welcome to The B-Side, a mastermind group for entrepreneurial women! On the first of each month, I share my business-related goals, challenges, and triumphs while inviting you to do the same! I’d love for you to join me; you can learn more about participating by clicking here.
I won’t even say “Wow, this month went by fast!” because you already know that! Every month goes by fast. So let’s get on with the goals, shall we?
Last Month’s Results
Secure a location and Fall date for my event. Done and done! My event partner, HoneyBeNatural Magazine, and I found this really cool studio in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of Dallas, TX. And the date…November 1st! Eek! I am both excited and horribly just a teensy bit nervous. But I’m really looking forward to it!
- Publish my “Find Your Purpose” blog post. With all the event planning I did not have time to even look at this. I will put this on the back burner for now.
Schedule at least 5 “Pick your brain” Skype calls with my readers. Check, check! I only had an opportunity to conduct one interview in September but I have the rest scheduled on my calendar for this week. I’m really looking forward to learning more about what my readers problems and challenges are so I can create something that solves them!
This Month’s Business Goals
For the next three months (October, November, and December) I am working on preparing for my big relaunch of Think & Grow Chick. I am revamping everything, not just online but offline too. Think & Grow Chick will have a new look, new resources, new everything…THE WORKS! I want to hit my big reveal by January which means right now is GO time! All my goals from here until January will be towards that aim:
- Have a successful event and collect local email addresses. The main reason I want to do this event (other than getting over my fear of event planning!) is to grow my local audience here in Dallas. I plan to start offer regular meetups, workshops and live programs in the city, which means I need to building a database of women here in the DFW area.
- Get new, professional photos taken. The photos that I use in my “about me” page and all over social media are 3 years old. Time to get some new ones so I can use them on my new website come January. 😉
- Outline my free newsletter offer. I’m launching a free newsletter offer in the coming months, which is part of the reason I scheduled all those “pick your brain” skype calls with my readers last month. Once I complete all the calls, I should have a good idea of what my readers are interested in learning more about. Whatever that topic is, it is my goal to make a free newsletter offer out of it. I want to have it outlined by the end of this month.
I haven’t had too many challenges if you can believe that. I’ve been networking locally like crazy so if there is one challenge, it’s that I’m never home after work anymore and my poor hubby has to fend for himself. 🙂
Current Successes/What’s Working
- In-person networking! Last month I went to 4 networking events and one conference. Needless to say, I’ve met a TON of supportive people who are working with me now to help grow Think & Grow Chick. I’m a very independent person so it can be difficult for me to seek help from others but I’m really glad I did. I feel like the ball is finally rolling.
- Keeping detailed project lists and finishing one task from the list everyday. I have about 8 Think & Grow Chick-related projects running at the same time right now. To keep everything straight, I use Trello.com, which is a free, easy-to-use project management app. I keep all my tasks and checklists organized by project in Trello. By forcing myself to complete one task everyday, I’ve been able to make a lot of progress. Try it!
- Share your goals, challenges and successes in the comments.
- The goal of this mastermind is to support each other, so be sure to read all the comments and check out all the participating blogs and businesses! If you have something to offer, leave a comment and help each other out!
- If you are a blogger, feel free to create a post sharing your entrepreneurial goals, challenges, and successes (via the format above) on your blog and link back here. You can even grab the button and include it in your post:
B-Side Facebook Group
Be sure to join the B-Side Facebook group! Since the B-side post will come out monthly, this women-only Facebook group will serve as a “hub” for us to ask questions, share what we have going on, and generally connect with each other on a day-to-day basis. You can join right now: http://facebook.com/groups/bsidebythinkandgrowchick