Hello and welcome to The B-Side, a mastermind group for entrepreneurial women! On the first of each month, I share my business-related goals, challenges, and triumphs while inviting you to do the same! I’d love for you to join me; you can learn more about participating by clicking here.
Bonjour, B-sidettes! I know I’m late with the post this month but I’ve been traveling a lot this summer (I’m typing this via spotty wifi on a train to Paris!) so I hope you’ll forgive me. Summer is almost over! Here’s how I did last month:
Last Month’s Results
Continue setting up automatic, passive-income systems. I finally setup a passive-income system to market my book using email and Facebook ads. I’m still testing it out so there are tweaks to be made but it is working. I will continue to experiment with it this month, as I want to get my book sales to a place where the reoccurring income is steady enough to fund my other business activities.
- Resume 2x weekly posting. I started off well with this goal but kinda fell off toward the end. I’ll blame it on lazy summer days and vacation travel. 🙂 This month I plan on resuming 1 post per week at the absolute minimum.
No more “grinding!” Success! I did not “grind” in July at all and when I felt myself shifting into that mindset, I was able to pull back. What I like about this “no more grinding” philosophy is that it really forces me to focus on the essential. Before, I used to stress myself out trying to get everything done but now I focus exclusively on tasks that will “move the ball forward” in my business.
This Month’s Business Goals
- Plan another online class. It’s been a while since I’ve hosted an online class! I get emails all the time from people asking me how to do various things, so I want to get back into hosting more classes on personal development, money, and entrepreneurial topics. I know I’ll be traveling a lot this month so my goal is to get a class planned so I can launch it in September.
- Periscope regularly. So…if you haven’t heard, I am utterly obsessed with periscope. Out of all the social media platforms out there, I feel like I’ve finally found one that is “me”. Facebook I’m not all that into, twitter isn’t as fun as it used to be, and Instagram is great but I’m not a big picture taker. So what does that leave me? Until Periscope, nothing! Not only is it a lot of fun but I really see it becoming a powerful platform for entrepreneurs with personal brands like me. So if you aren’t yet on, get on there! My goal this month is to periscope nearly everyday (4-5x per week…once I get back from vacation! 😉 )
- Create blog posts/social media posts ahead of time. It’s always a struggle for me to balance the “thinking” work of my brand – planning, researching, coming up with new ideas – with the “doing” work – writing blog post, handling social media, etc. To give myself more room to do more “high level” stuff to grow my business, I want to hunker down and start “batch” writing a lot of my blog posts, social media updates, emails, etc, ahead of time. I’ve always resisted this because I enjoy creating content in the moment but I know it’d be better for me if I started producing my content in advance.
Financial Organization. The more I do, the more difficult it is to keep everything organized. One thing I’m struggling with big time is keeping my business finances organized. I use a separate bank account, of course, but my revenue comes in from several places (PayPal, checks, Gumroad, etc) at different times which makes it somewhat of a pain to track. I also reinvest nearly 100% of everything I make back into my business so I need to find some sort of solution for better knowing what’s coming in (and from where) vs. what’s going out.
Current Successes/What’s Working
Periscope. I already raved about periscope above but if that didn’t convince you, Periscope has been great for introducing my brand to new followers. Because Periscope is live video it’s great tool to instantly build camaraderie with “your” people. Since getting on Periscope regularly, I’ve noticed an increase in blog visits and email sign-ups. My other social media followings have grown as well (especially Instagram) since using Periscope so I’m telling you, if you aren’t on it you really need to be!
- Share your goals, challenges and successes in the comments.
- The goal of this mastermind is to support each other, so be sure to read all the comments and check out all the participating blogs and businesses! If you have something to offer, leave a comment and help each other out!
- If you are a blogger, feel free to create a post sharing your entrepreneurial goals, challenges, and successes (via the format above) on your blog and link back here. You can even grab the button and include it in your post:
B-Side Facebook Group
Be sure to join the B-Side Facebook group! Since the B-side post will come out monthly, this women-only Facebook group will serve as a “hub” for us to ask questions, share what we have going on, and generally connect with each other on a day-to-day basis. You can join right now: http://facebook.com/groups/bsidebythinkandgrowchick