Hello and welcome to The B-Side, a mastermind group for entrepreneurial women! On the first of each month, I share my business-related goals, challenges, and triumphs while inviting you to do the same! I’d love for you to join me; you can learn more about participating by clicking here.
Welcome to September! We officially have t-minus 4 months left in 2015! How did you do in August? Here are my results:
Last Month’s Results
Plan another online class. I not only planned a new online class this past month but I launched it too! At the end of last month, I hosted “Unblock Your Brand,” which was a 3 hour live class all about what I did to go from completely plateauing with Think & Grow Chick to experiencing more growth (and income!) in 9 months than I had in the previous 3 years. To say the class was a hit was an understatement. My goal was to give as much as possible and I’m so happy people really appreciated it! I’m editing the class now and will offer it for sale in a few weeks if you missed it. Here’s some of the comments I received after the class:
- Periscope regularly. Womp womp. I swear, I swear! I am going to get back on Periscope! It’s not that I don’t have anything to talk about but rather I have to wrap my brain around the fact that Periscope can be impromptu. Meaning…the reason I don’t ‘Scope as often as I want to is because I’m like, “Oh, I’ll wait until I go home, can sit in my office, get the write lighting, put on some lipstick…” etc, etc instead of just DOING it! Seriously, my goal is to ‘Scope at least 5x per week for the rest of this month.
- Create blog posts/social media posts ahead of time. I did well with scheduling out my social media (particularly Instagram – follow me! @thinkNgrowchick) but not so much with the blog post. I love the passion I feel when I come up with a post in the moment but the unpredictability that comes with that is stressful. Still working on a way to be in the moment and plan ahead of time…
This Month’s Business Goals
- Focus on getting new clients. As the year continues to wind down, I’m thinking more and more about what activities I should focus on to really accelerate my results. Financially, hosting classes and workshops has been successful but the amount of work I have to put in to launch new programs is significant. I’m now thinking, in addition to building my product library, I should devote more focus to finding high paying clients. I’ve worked with 2 clients in July that paid me several hundred each to help with their website and marketing. While website stuff is not my passion, it is a skill I have that can accelerate my income growth so that ultimately, I can work for myself full-time. Since that is my #1 goal, I’m willing to do whatever it takes, as quickly as possible, so I am now going to take on more clients to get me to full-time entrepreneur status, faster. The dollar amounts individual clients are willing to pay for websites and internet marketing is simply higher than what I make selling classes and workshops at this time. (I keep my courses at a pretty affordable price point so that has a lot to do with it.) I LOVE hosting classes and workshops though, so I don’t plan to stop but I’m just going to leverage the lucrativeness of working with clients as I continue to build my workshop offering and grow my brand.
- Finish my first Kindle book. I’ve had my eye on the Kindle space for a while but hadn’t written any Kindle books! Since most of my blog posts are 2,000+ words anyway, I think publishing a collection of Kindle books will be really great for my brand and can produce an additional income stream that can help get me to my financial goals faster (see goal #1). With that in mind, I decided to write a short book based on my popular Blogger 2 Business Woman workshop (click here to check it out!) since I already had most of the content. Now I’m in the process of converting all the content and notes to a Kindle format and boom! – I will have my first Kindle book! We’ll see how it goes…
- Create content for my next paid program. While I’m branching out in terms of creating new revenue streams for myself (see goals #1 & #2) I still want to be known as having a library of personal development, money mindset, and business classes that change women’s lives! I want women to be able to come to my website and choose from 10 or 20 different courses and classes that will help them improve various life areas. As it stands now, I have 3 digital workshops available, all on the topic of online entrepreneurship, so I want to expand this and cover more topics. Thus, my goal this month is to create the content for a paid personal development class.
- Find 3 outfits for new photo shoot. Since I’ll be writing all these books and offering all these new classes, I need several professional photos to feature on the cover of all my upcoming content. While I love the pictures from my last photo shoot, it was just one look in an outdoor environment so I’d like more variety to use on my website and Kindle book covers. Specifically, I need photos with multiple looks on a white background, so my goal this month is to find 3 outfits I can use for a new photo shoot!
Overthinking/Not Making it Easy. This was part of the challenge with my lack of Periscoping. I’m such a thinker, such a planner, such a “strategizer” that often times I make things waaaaaay more difficult than they need to be. My goal with everything this month and beyond is just get back to a place of jumping in and just doing things, not thinking about it too hard. While all of my goals will take effort, none of it has to be hard if I don’t want it to. Whether something is hard or easy is ultimately up to me!
Current Successes/What’s Working
Re-purposing Content. I talked about this concerning my Kindle book goal – the only reason I even considered publishing on Kindle was because I already had good content I realized I could publish on a different medium. I used to be of the mindset that once you create something, you use it just that one time but now I’m more in the mindset of how can I take what I’ve already created and re-purpose it in a new and productive way. I plan on doing this with my Kindle books and periscope topics, and I did this last week when I relaunched my Blogger 2 Business Woman program and made more in sales than I did the first time I launched it! This also goes with my goal to “make things easy” – I see now that I don’t always need to be “recreating the wheel.”
- Share your goals, challenges and successes in the comments.
- The goal of this mastermind is to support each other, so be sure to read all the comments and check out all the participating blogs and businesses! If you have something to offer, leave a comment and help each other out!
- If you are a blogger, feel free to create a post sharing your entrepreneurial goals, challenges, and successes (via the format above) on your blog and link back here. You can even grab the button and include it in your post:
B-Side Facebook Group
Be sure to join the B-Side Facebook group! Since the B-side post will come out monthly, this women-only Facebook group will serve as a “hub” for us to ask questions, share what we have going on, and generally connect with each other on a day-to-day basis. You can join right now: http://facebook.com/groups/bsidebythinkandgrowchick